Import links and configurations instantly
Import anything from anywhere in no time
One of the most time consuming and boring thing is to copy-paste your website links in a new project. But not with the Swimbi app. Simply drop a file or give it a website address, or paste any HTML code with links; Swimbi app knows how to extract necessary information from the given source.
All navigation data such as names, links, icons and hierarchy are instantly copied.
Also you can import configuration(visual design information) from a website or file with a menu created by Swimbi.
How to import navigation links
1. From HTML code
2. From file
3. From URL
4. Drag and drop
How to import visual configuration
5. From file
6. From URL
7. Drag and drop
1. Import navigation links from any HTML code
Top menu => Import => Navigation HTML code
(Chrome plugin) Top Navigation control => Import HTML
Insert HTML code with links, whole page code or any portion of the code. It doesn't matter whether menu links created by Swimbi or some other software. It can handle any code and fish out links data and hierarchy.
- Click the Import button to create new navigation preset (separate navigation config).
- Click the Append button to add links to the current navigation.
2. Import navigation links from a file
Swimbi tries to import links from file,
- when you Open a page it loads Swimbi navigation or import other links and creates new nav preset, but doesn't apply it to current menu until you select the preset in the navigation presets control (File => Open Page or Open Recent)
- when you Import Navigation from File it loads Swimbi navigation or any other links and apply it to current menu (Import => Navigation from File)
New Navigation preset will be added in the top Navigation control list with the name "Loaded Config".
The easiest way to import or open a file is drag and drop
3. Import navigation links from URL
Top menu => Import => Navigation from URL
Import navigation structure right from a website, just enter the address and hit enter. First of all Swimbi app will try to find DIV id="swimbi" and load from it, if it cannot be found import all links from the given URL.
Don't know how to do that? Use Chrome Developer Tools or Contact us, we can extract links from any menu.
4. Drag and drop to open page and import navigation
There are 3 different ways of importing links using drag-and-drop:
1. Importing along with opening. Drop a file in the Starting Window to open the page for edit and import links. First of all it will try to find swimbi code and load menu links from it. Or just import all links from the page.
The window appears on application startup. To open it any time later go to File => Starting Window
2. Drop a file in the navigation tree area to import links from a file to current menu project.
3. Drop a file to the right of the nav tree to import just the page title and relative path. That should help to build navigation easily if your website consist of static HTML pages pointing to each other. To build your menu, you just need to drop all pages one by one into a main page, then update navigation sitewide with a single click. More info on how to update static websites.
Use drag and drop to import visual configuration.
5. Import visual configuration from a file
Configuration can be imported only from page with swimbi menu, that points to the "config.json".
Swimbi tries to import configuration from file:
- when you Open a page. It loads Swimbi menu visual config if the page has a link to the config.json - "swimbiUIcfg.json" - file that contains all info about Swimbi UI controls and settings (File => Open Page or Open Recent)
- when you Import Configuration from File (Import => Config from File)
New configuration will be added in the top Config control list with the name "Loaded Config".
6. Import visual configuration from URL
Top menu => Import => Config from URL
Load config of swimbi menu right from a website. Enter URL and click OK button (or hit Enter).
If it doesn't load, provide direct URL of the "config.json", ex. http://swimbi.com/menu_files/swimbiUIcfg.json
7. Drag and drop to import configuration
Drop a page with Swimbi menu that points to the "config.json" or JSON file itself (swimbiUIcfg.json from menu_files folder) into the Live Preview area of Swimbi app (desktop version only).
Use drag and drop to import navigation structure.